Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Meet the blogger
My life, in 60 seconds
I grew up in suburban Los Angeles. Moved to Michigan to play college hockey. What? Seriously. Hockey didn't work out. Settled on journalism. Met girl of my dreams (now wife) while in college. Encountered the wondrous Great Lakes. Never returned to California. Blessed with three wonderful children. Worked as a reporter and editor for 25 years at several Michigan newspapers. Wrote two books. Left the newspaper industry in 2009. Started my own writing and media consulting business (J. Alexander Communications). Now a contract writer for hire. I enjoy kayaking, hiking, reading, watching pro hockey and college football, traveling, exploring the Great Lakes and occasionally trying to rise above the rank of world's worst angler. And I blog about the Great Lakes because these freshwater seas are, in a word, incredible. Thanks for visiting!
- RT @washingtonpost: Why dentists are speaking out about the plastic beads in your toothpaste wapo.st/1obmMyV 36 minutes ago
- RT @MLive: ArtPrize 2014 in Grand Rapids: Your complete guide to enjoying the event bit.ly/1rr3qKZ 37 minutes ago
- RT @ArtPrize: It's a packed house at the #ArtPrize2014 Artist Party presented by @gilmoreeats! http://t.co/5EBH6P6Gix 37 minutes ago
- RT @MIStayandPlay: #SunsetSunday: A romantic sunset in Grand Haven. http://t.co/G9rhitlOa7 40 minutes ago
- RT @WNJLLP: Why work at Warner? Check out our Career page. @grabLAW dld.bz/dwMrE 1 week ago
- Baby, it’s cold outside … and winter is far from over
- Key decision protects Au Sable River as new report highlights emerging threats to one of Michigan’s greatest rivers
- Christmas comes early for the Great Lakes
- 2013 Lake Erie toxic algae bloom worse than predicted
- D-Day for the Great Lakes: Asian carp are breeding in the basin
Blogs I Follow